Question about treasure chests

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Shadoodragon9896, Feb 22, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadoodragon9896

Shadoodragon9896 Forum Greenhorn

I am not sure if this has been answered elsewhere...Do the treasure chests scale to the level of area they are found in or do they scale to the character level? I have only collected enough lockpicks to open 3 legendary chests and have always opened them in the highest level area that I could muster. I actually did get one useful piece of gear out of one of them and don't want to mess up my chances for another. But finding a legendary chest in an area that I am a bit undergeared for can be a challenge at times.

Update:
    Ok, so as an experiment I opened a magic chest in the Crypt of Kings on my level 41 toon and got level 41 gear out of it. So I am thinking/hoping that this also works for legendary chests...19 more lock picks will give me a definitive answer.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  2. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Those types of chests scale to the level of the character that opens it.

3. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

When you can get into Gleaming Mts there is a chest that spawns right across from the portal. If i'm in a hurry to burn the keys I dance in and out of there till the Leg chest spawns. There's a quick way to get those 19 keys HERE.

Shadoodragon9896 and _Baragain_ like this.
  4. Shadoodragon9896

Shadoodragon9896 Forum Greenhorn

Thanks both of you for responding. I did get my keys and the (not so) fancy legendary chest. Item was a melt but it is still exciting to get to open one. Your method for key farming, BigPapa, will definitely be put to use :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.